PLR – The Meanings of the Licenses
When it comes to digital products, namely “Private Label Rights” (PLR) on the internet, there are many types of legal ways to buy, sell, and even offer these products. When digital products have licenses to them they can be seen as PLR, MRR, GAR, CU, PU, and GAR. What do these initials all mean and how can they benefit you?
Below are the answers at to what these licenses are, stand for, and the meaning behind them:
Meanings of the Licenses
PLR: This stands for “Private Label Rights” which is a license that gives you the rights to do just about anything you are needing or wanting to do with it.
It’s fair to say that content makes the internet go around. Having to write your very own content day in and day out is a nightmare and getting someone else to do this for you can cost a lot. So what is one of the best ways to get your very own content without all the hassles? Well, that’s where private label rights or PLR for short comes in very handy.
If you’re like me and have been around the internet for some time you’re most likely heard about PLR content and products. Even more so, you most likely used them yourself. Or maybe even wondered what these licenses really are.
MRR: This license stands for “Master Resell Rights” which is another type of license but usually with more restrictions. MRR will give you a permission to resell the product and usually also pass on the license to your customer.
RR: Within this license that stands for “Resell Rights” this has even fewer options when reselling the item. You will be able to still resell the product with this particular license but with limits, such as you will not be able to pass the license on for that customer to resell the product, they will simply be only able to use it for personal use or in same cases for their clients projects if they are a developer etc.
PU: This license stands for “Personal Use” which basically sums it all up in those two words. Any product found with this license means that they can only be used for your own personal use and cannot be resold or used for someone else’s projects.
CU: This license basically means “Commercial Use”. Which means that this product can be sold for a profit or used in any commercial sales etc.
GAR: This license stands for “Give Away Rights”. Which basically means that the product with this license you will be able to give away for free and distribute it around the internet by such methods as giving them away free on mailing lists, giving new users freebies to join your newsletter lists plus so much more.
Overview: All of the above licenses are only a basic set of rules. Each individual license found within a product you purchased on the internet will usually follow these main sets of points.
- PLRDatabase – I’ve found PLRDatabase a great resource for fresh, quality PLR products. I’ve purchased the annual subscription service and I am very satisfied with their product(s) and service. I personally highly recommend them and their owner for anything PLR. >> Link
- IDPLR – Another great space to gather your PLR is IDPLR who features over 12,500 products with Private Label and Resale rights licenses, which means that you can sell, edit, or even claim the product inside as your own! >> Link
- InDigitalWorks – InDigitalWorks is another vendor providing high-quality PLR products you can use and feel good about selling to your customers. >> Link
- PLRAssassin – Get instant Access to 12,057+ PLR Products at PLRAssassin. Sign up for a free account and instantly download eBooks, Graphics, Videos, Articles, Software and much more. Become a VIP member to re-brand and re-sell products to your own customers. Hundreds of quality assured, handpicked PLR products are added every month. >>Link
- BestDealPlr – For only $1 you’ll be given instant access to + 8000 products and can begin downloading our super-high quality products within minutes. BestDealPlr gives you access to the largest database of PLR products. >> Link
- Internet Marketing Zoom – This Internet Marketing Membership gives you as many eBooks, software, videos eClasses as you can handle. Internet Marketing Zoom also offers PLR and memberships at a fraction of the price that other membership sites charge. >> Link
- PLR Products – With thousands of products PLR Products specializes in providing high-quality Resell Rights products at great prices. You will find a large variety of products in different information product niches. >> Link
- All Private Label Content – Delivering Quality PLR Since 2006. Get the exact content you need to serve your unique target audience. All Private Label Content’s topic-focused memberships and a-la-carte bundles, making it easy for you to find the PLR you want, without the bloated extras. >> Link
- PLR.me – With over 14,112 Done-For-You Coaching Resources and Done-For-You PLR Content at PLR.me you can download PLR courses, presentations, reports, ebooks, products, and coaching programs without writing a single word. >> Link
Using PLR for content or resale are both viable reasons for adding PLR to your website. I have done this but I have also personally learnt so much from reading PLR. I truly believe you will find great value in any of the membership sites listed above. Just as I have.
To your success!